Water Damage Repair Tips
Here are some water damage repair tips to help guide you in case of a water damage or flood emergency. Here are the 1st couple things you need to do immediately:
- Find where the water is leaking and close the nearest shut off valve.
- Determine the type of water that’s leaking out. It can be any of the following 3: Fresh water; Grey water; Sewage.
Your safety comes first. Always remember to do the following in case of water leakage:
- Keep extension cords or wiring out of the water.
- Avoid electrical shock.
- Wear rubber boots & gloves.
- Shut off power to the flooded area from the breaker box.
- Call Disaster Rescue for help: (702) 500-8007.
- Record all details of water damage with photos & video.
- Contact your insurance company to start a claim & let them know about the water damage.
- If you have a shop vac, now would be a good time to use it. If not, set down all the towels you have to absorb water.
- Place all easy-to-carry belongings in elevated areas so they don’t get into contact with the water.
- All heavy furniture can be wrapped in plastic at the legs to prevent damage from the water.
- All furniture that can be carried should be taken into an area with no water leakage.
- If your ceiling is sagging, punch small holes into it to relieve water, make sure you have a bucket!
- Be sure to turn off all electrical appliances in a room with a wet carpet before going into that room.
- Valuable wet paperwork can be placed in a freezer to avoid further damage from water.
- Wet carpets need to be dried within a 2 day timeframe. If carpets are drenched in sewage, they need to be replaced.
Call us NOW to help relieve you of this mess and restore your water damage problem! (702) 500-8007